About Project


What is the project about?

The cadaster of the mining waste of the Republic of Serbia is a project whose goal is the further development and upgrading of the system of managing the mining waste in the Republic of Serbia through the creation of the inventory – the cadaster of the mining waste. The cadaster is planned to be made as an Internet application and a book and contain the risk assessment, characterization and the classification of the mining waste.

Project goal

The general goal of the project is to provide aid to Serbia in the harmonization of the judiciary with the EU regulative in the area of the environment and climate change through building institutions and the advancement of the infrastructure in the area of the environment. The specific goal is the development and improvement of the system of management of mining waste. 

Project realization

The beneficiary of the project is the Ministry of Mining and Energy of the Republic of Serbia. This is one of the first projects within the frame of the so-called decentralized system of management which means that the project is implemented by the institutions of Serbia in cooperation with the EU Delegation in Serbia. The project’s value is EUR 2.1 million of which 90% is financed by the European Union, while the remaining 10% is financed by the Government of the Republic of Serbia, through the Ministry of Finance`s Sector for contracting and financing programs from EU funds as contractor.

  • Environment
EU Contribution
2,100,000 €
Implementation period
February 2017 - February 2020
Ministry of Mining and Energy
Implemented by